The Guardian wireless modem provides a high-speed data link suitable for a wide range of applications that require system security and diagnostic reporting. Its selectable operating modes allow for a significant amount of flexibility. The Guardian is RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 compatible and permits simple, half-duplex or full-duplex transmission operations. RTS-CTS handshaking protocol and data activated transmission (DOX) modes are also well-supported. The Guardian accommodates transparent, asynchronous serial formats, such as Modbus, Modbus-RTU, AB DF1, and other protocol formats.
With its high-speed and efficiency, the Guardian enables over-the-air rates of up to 19.2 kbps within a 25 kHz channel. This device is available for analog operations, which may include, phone line substitutions, paging, slow speed data applications, 600ohm and/or high impedance audio input and output selection. With its Field Programming Software, the Guardian offers efficient unit programming, link testing and RF path verification. This modem features real-time, non-intrusive online diagnostics; report received signal strength (RSSI), RF power output, supply voltage and radio performance statistics. An additional list of The Guardian's features and benefits are listed below:
- 1-10 Watts (1-8 W MAS) Continuous Duty; software selectable
- On/O?ine Diagnostics for Network Health & Status
- 10-30 VDC Wide Range Power Supply
- OTA compatible with T-96SR and TSLM and DL-3400 and JSLM analog product lines
- Flexible, programmable External I/O interface
- User selectable data rates: 4,800, 9,600, 19,200 kbps